The most beautiful season of the year is here, and it’s time to enjoy the brightness of the sun and the calm waves of the sea. It is true that the sun during summer is super hot, but following some of our simple tips will make your summer vacation an enjoyable, healthy and memorable experience.
- If you are a person who forgets drinking water or don’t drink water at all, you can add some slices of lemon, strawberry or any type of fruit you prefer to motivate yourself to drink more. You can always keep it next to you wherever you go.
- Make a Bored Jar and list activities and projects you can do when you’re bored.
- Bake some cupcakes and invite your friends for a tea gathering in your house.
- Design a photo album which carries all memories of you and your best friend then give it to him/her as a gift.
- Use your time to go over your CV and check if you’re content with what you’ve done so far. If you’re not, sign up for some volunteer work. Be active.
- This summer must end with challenging your weaknesses. For example, if you are scared of heights, you can take classes of climbing mountains.
- Spend a day photo-shooting kids playing in the garden or at the beach for fun.
- Even if you are not traveling this summer, you can mark places that you traveled to on a map and hang it behind the door of your bedroom.
- Learn how to “contour” and try it on your friend. For extra fun, videotape it it as a tutorial.
- Watch scary movies alone at 3 A.M. in your garden under a tree.
- Have a full day of relaxation in the spa away from socialization and the sun’s heat.
- Shop online for summer dresses.
- Learn new ways to braid your hair in different styles.
- Clean up and de-clutter your make-up collection and make sure they are not expired.
- Try one day to shower with cold water but make sure you switch off the air conditioners before.
- Even if you’re not a fan of football, try going to the stadium and watch it live.
- Avoid social networking sites and live the moment.
- Go on a summer-essentials shopping spree. Don’t forget to get cheap sunglasses for the beach!
- Try sewing pockets at the edges of your beach towels. This way you can store your wallet and belongings away from the sandy winds.
- Have you ever heard of blackout poetry? Well, now’s your chance to master this concept. Gather some texts from either old books or from prints. Pick out words from the text from different lines and try to form a sentence out of them. Mark out everything else with a black market. Once you’re done, you’ll get something like this (photo below)
And if all else fails, you can always ask Google.
Enjoy your summer!